As we are getting closer to Absinthe 2.0 release, the more information from reliable sources is coming out. Few hours ago @xvolks hacker from France, who is very close to the Chronic Dev Team and is included among the beta testers, told us in a tweet that next iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak tool’ s name is Absinthe 2.0.
Xvolks has also worked on the original Absinthe jailbreak which was released in the beginning of year 2010 to provide untethered iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak on iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
Contrary to the original version which was compatible with A5 devices only, Absinthe 2.0 will support all devices including iPad 3, iPhone 4 / 4S and all models of iPod Touch. However, Apple TV 3′s compatibility is still in doubt.
Xvolks has also uploaded a low quality video of Absinthe 2.0 running on iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1.
From this video and from other sources here is what we have learned about Absinthe 2.0 so far:
- Absinthe 2.0 works just like the original Absinthe but it will support almost all devices.
- Mac version of this jailbreak tool will be released first and the Windows and Linux will follow later. Even the above embedded video also shows Mac version in action.
- The whole jailbreak process will take less than 5 minutes. All you’ll have to do is to connect your device with PC, launch Absinthe 2.0 and hit the “Jailbreak button just like previous version.
- We have no information whether a Cydia package for existing tethered iOS 5.1.1 jailbreaker will be released or not, but the chances are very less.
- Redsn0w fans will also be made happy by incorporating this jailbreak into Redsn0w.
The exact ETA and download links (beta version) for Absinthe v2.0 are not available yet but Pod2g told us that he may release it within next few days.
We will update this post with more information soon. Meanwhile you can follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for latest updates.