The folks over at Firecore released the updated version of Seas0npass which includes support for untethered jailbreak on iOS 4.2.1 (iOS 4.1.1) Apple TV 2nd generation.
Seas0nPass is based on feedface kernal exploit, the one which is used in Greenpois0n jailbreak tool. So if you have already jailbroken your device with Greenpois0n, you don’t need to re-jailbreak your device.
Currently Mac version of Seasonpass is available only but team is also working on Windows version which will be released after fixing some bugs.
Here is the step by step guide to jailbreak Apple TV2 on iOS 4.2.1 untethered.
- A micro-USB cable to connect Apple TV 2G with PC
- Latest version of iTunes installed on your system
- iOS 4.2.1 firmware for Apple TV 2G
- Seasonpass jailbreak tool.
Step 1: Download SeasonPass on the hard disk of your system.
Step 2: Launch SeasonPass and click on “Create IPSW” option.
Step3: SeasonPass will automatically download the required iOS 4.2.1 firmware for your ATV2.
Step 4: When prompted by Seasonpass, connect your Apple TV second generation using micro-USB cable.
Step 5: Hold down both the “Menu” and “Play/Pause” buttons for 7 seconds to put your device into DFU mode.
Step 6: Once in DFU mode, iTunes will open automatically to start the restore process.
You will have untethered jailbroken device after the restore process completes. Now remove micro-USB cable and connect the HDMI cable and start installing other apps.
- Download seasonpass version 0.7.0 for Mac
- Windows version is coming soon. You can also use Greenpois0n to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 untethered on Windows. The complete instructions are posted here.
- Download iTunes 10.1.2