A new tool, ToolJail, is under process to jailbreak the iPhone and iPod Touch devices. This tool will be based on Windows Operating System.
The beta version of this tool is being tested by various bloggers and iPhone Jailbreakers. In fact this tool is a mini wikipedia for iPhone jailbreaking. You can find different types of guides, howtos, unlock process, check iBoot, check the MC model, the ECID etc.
The usage of this new tool is very simple and easy. After opening this tool in windows, you will have to do the following steps to know whether your iPhone/iPod is jailbreakable or not.
- Select the device type i.e. iPhone 2G/3G/3GS etc.
- Select the firmware version installed on your iPhone / iPod
- Select your iBoot (only for iPhone 3GS) If you don’t know about your iBoot click on How can i know it button highlighted just under the option.
- Confirm If you have saved ECID through Cydia (only for iPhone 3GS)
- Select your computer operating system i.e. Mac/Windows
- iPod Touch 2G should confirm your Model MB or MC
After completing all the fields, you will have to click on “Search”. If your device is jailbreakable, you will get a green windows otherwise a red window.
After it is confirmed that phone is jailbreakable, you can proceed for actual jailbreaking process.
This tool will be released soon and you can read more about this tool on ihackintosh blog.