Today Yahoo releases a standalone Yahoo! Mail client for popular operating systems that are iOS, Android and Windows 8. The revamped app is available through Apple’s App Store, Google’s Play and Microsoft’s Windows Store.
I am really a big fan of Yahoo Mail. For all my personal mailing purposes I still use Yahoo, though for business I prefer Gmail. If you are also one of more than 300 million Yahoo! mail users, you will surely enjoy this new product due to the speed and minimalism features.
We’ve redesigned the new version of Yahoo! Mail with speed in mind getting through your emails is faster than ever before. We’ve also made your inbox more intuitive and easier to navigate, allowing you to focus on what matters most: your messages. And, because mobile is everything these days, Yahoo! Mail now has a consistent look and feel across devices.
The features and functions of Yahoo mail app may vary from OS to OS but the official description on iTunes describes it as follows:
Yahoo! Mail, now available for your iPhone!
With an easy to use interface, this app lets you:
• Access your inbox in just one tap
• Receive automatic notifications for new messages
• Quickly scan messages in your inbox with continuous scroll
Message with ease
• Auto complete email addresses as you type
• Simply swipe left on any message to delete, flag, move, mark as read and more
• Multi-select messages to organize your inbox faster
Get more done, faster
• Easily attach photos or take new ones while composing a message
• Preview photos right at the top of a message
• Search through all messages across all folders
It is to tell iPhone users that this redesigned and new app requires iOS 6 installed on iPhone/iPad. It is also optimised for iPhone 5.