The wait is finally over. Google has just released the standalone Google Maps for iOS 6 users. The new app requires at least iOS 5.1 or later version to be installed.
Apple has removed the built-in Google Maps app from iOS 6 and included its own Maps app in it. But many users were not happy with this move due to number of reasons which have already been discussed many times. The main reasons included the lack of accuracy, less-detailed maps and incorrect positioning in many areas.
Google’s new and latest Maps app for iPhone 5, iPhone 4(s)/3GS, iPod and iPad gives the users back all the features what they were having before iOS 6.
Apart from other improvements, the most demanding turn by turn navigation is offer in this version.
Navigate your world with Google Maps, now available for iPhone. Get comprehensive, accurate and easy-to-use maps with built-in Google local search, voice guided turn-by-turn navigation, public transit directions, Street View and more. Use Google Maps to discover great places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and reviews from people you trust. Sign in to save your favorite places and quickly access all your past searches and directions from your computer, right on your phone.
- Find addresses, places and businesses around the world with Google local search.
- Discover places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and local reviews.
- Sign in to sync your searches, directions, and favorite places between your computer and your phone.
- Get voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions.
- Find your way by train, bus, subway or walking directions.
- Access live traffic information in cities across the world.
Street View and imagery
- View 360-degree panoramas of places around the globe with Street View.
- See inside more than 100,000 businesses worldwide.
- View high resolution satellite imagery of locations around the world.
Download Google Maps:
If you want to download Google Maps, here is the iTunes link.