Yesterday Chronic Dev Team released the much-awaited Greenpoison Tool to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 untethered on all idevices i.e., iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS (all bootroms), iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G (all bootroms) and iPad.
Now the only iOS device which needs untethered jailbreak support on iOS 4.2.1 is Apple TV 2G.
Here is a good news for all those ATV2 users who are interested to jailbreak their device to have more fun on it.
In his recent reply to a user’s tweet, @pod2g, the key member of Chronic Dev Team said that Greenpois0n RC6 would bring untethered jailbreak support for Apple TV 2G on iOS 4.2.1.
BlamJam: greenpois0n rc5/5.2 not workingwith AppleTV2 – @pod2g says it will in next build.
pod2g: @BlamJam sorry but I was talking about RC6.
The “Readme” file for Greenpoison 1.0 RC5 also confirms this news:
*** greenpois0n 1.0 RC5 ***
> Description of the software:
greenpois0n will Jailbreak your iDevice.
> Supported iDevices:
– iPod Touch 2G (all bootroms)
– iPod Touch 3G
– iPod Touch 4G
– iPad 1G
– iPhone 3Gs (all bootroms)
– iPhone 4
– iPhone 4 Verizon (_not_tested_)
– ___AppleTV 2___ (support will be added in RC6)
> Requirements (check this !)
– a supported device (see above)
– the device should run iOS 4.2.1. Please check on the device in the Settings -> General -> About page.
If your device is running an older version, please upgrade iOS first using iTunes.
*** If you want to SIM Unlock, preserve your baseband using TinyUmbrella ***
– at least MacOSX 10.5
– OSX in a VM won’t work
– a working internet connection
> Notes (checks this also !)
– if your device is jailbroken with iPhone Dev Team’s Monte, please restore to fresh 4.2.1. first
– if Cydia doesn’t show up after Loader, you may need to reboot the device
– this version of greenpois0n doesn’t include a patched activation system. You’ll need to activate your device using iTunes
– WE DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY !
1. plug the device to your computer using the USB cable
2. quit iTunes if it shows up
3. start greenpois0n.app
4. follow instructions
5. the device will boot a 1st time with verbose text on screen. This operation will install the jailbreak on the device.
6. the device will reboot normally
7. start the Loader application (green icon on the SpringBoard), and follow instructions to install Cydia
No ETA for Greenpoison RC6 is available yet but most likely it will be developed after the release of Greenpoison RC5 Windows version, which is coming in next 1- 2 days.