Just a few days ago, we published a guide on how to get the Windows Phone 7.5 Mango ROM for some handsets before the official release. Though now the Mango version has officially been released, and has started to be rolled out for various Windows Phone smart phones, but the most frustrating thing about it is that this update is not available for every smartphone now. Microsoft is moving on gradually, though they assure you that they would surely bring the release for every device till a period of 4 weeks. They said on their blog that
Our plan, as I’ll explain in a moment, is to ramp up delivery gradually—but make the update available to most existing customers within 4 weeks.
But this tutorial will allow your device to get the Mango update running even without the update notification.
Remember, that this process will take a handsome amount of time, so only do it if you are a patient enough person. First you need to carry out a few simple steps, such as
- Checking that you have NoDo Build installed.
- If it is then you can progress on and plug your Windows Phone to your PC.
- Launch the Zune software.
- Click on the “Phone” button displayed on the top of the screen.
- Now click on “Settings” and then press the “Update” button. (you will be notified of an update, if you don’t have NoDo Installed on your device)
Now you have to consider a few important things before progressing on to installing Mango. If you have installed Nodo, and still you see an update option, than you are quite lucky, as you can install Mango by just clicking on the update option.
Well, otherwise, you will have to follow the long way, but keep in mind that please do not remove the USB cable in the process, and make sure that you have at least above 60% of charging in your phone.
Disclaimer: We here at Shoutpedia do not claim any responsibility for any loss of data or malfunctioning of your device.
- Install the Zune Software after downloading it. (If you don’t have it already)
- Connect your Windows Phone to the computer via a USB cable.
- Just as you connect your phone, Zune will automatically launch. Now open “Phone” on the top, then “Settings” and then click on the “Update” option.
- Here is the trickiest and the most difficult step of all, you have to follow the same steps as demonstrated in the point 3 but just as you click the “Update” button, immediately disconnect the internet,WiFi or whatever you are using to access the internet.
- Now be patient, and wait for exactly 30 seconds, if Zune displays a notification that an update is available, then you are doing all the steps correctly, if not repeat the 4th step.
- Reconnect the internet and progress on to carry on with the update process option.
- After the update (7392) is fully installed, you will have a second update notification. If so, install it. And if not, repeat the steps 3 and 4 so the update (7403) appears and install it.
- After the 7403 update, Zune will automatically install the last update 7720. If not, then repeat the 3-4 step so this update is installed too. (Getting used to this process, aren’t you?)
Yahoo! You finally got the newest Windows Phone OS, Windows Phone 7.5 Mango. (via WpCentral)