The latest TaiG v2.4.5 is now available for download on Windows operating system. It means we can jailbreak the recently rolled out iOS 8.4 firmware on our iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5, 5S, 4S and supported iPad models.
Mac version of TaiG to jailbreak iOS 8.1.3 – iOS 8.4 is now also available.
Note: PP jailbreak for iOS 8.4 is also available. If you experience any issue and don’t get the success message, you should give a try to PP jailbreak.
If you have already used TaiG to jailbreak any previous iOS 8 version, you’d be well familiar with the tool and how it works. All you have to do is to download the tool on your Windows or Mac machine, run it, connect the device and press the start button. In case you are new to jailbreak, here are the step by step tutorial to jailbreak iOS 8.4 with TaiG.
What to Do Before Running TaiG v2.2.0 iOS 8.4 Jailbreak:
Here are few precautionary steps you should follow before running this software:
- This software is compatible with Windows Operating system only at the moment. There is no Mac version available officially. So, if you find any Mac version of TaiG on any website, other than the official one, don’t download it and try it on your OS X machine. If you don’t have access to Windows PC, you should think of using one of the methods mentioned in our previous post to run it on Mac. (Note: Mac version of TaiG is now also available to jailbreak iOS 8.1.3 – 8.4)
- Always, always back up your device first using the latest version of iTunes. No software is guaranteed to run 100% safely every time. You might lose your precious data during the process.
- It is recommended to restore the device to clean iOS 8.4 so that the TaiG jailbreak performs its job smoothly. If you are jailbreaking the device updated by using the built-in updater, you might get some errors.
- Disable antivirus or firewall before running TaiG.
- Always run it in the administrative mode, esp on Windows OS.
- Disable TouchID, Passcode and turn off Find My iPhone features before the process.
Step by Step Guide for TaiG Jailbreak:
Download the latest version of TaiG from our TaiG download section.
If your iPhone is running on one of these iOS versions (iOS 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.1, 8.1.1, 8.1.2,), then download TaiG v1.2.1 for Windows. But if you are using iOS 8.1.3, 8.2, 8.3, or iOS 8.4, you are required to download TaiG v2.4.5 for Windows or TaiG v1.10 for Mac operating system.
After you have downloaded the specific TaiG version, come back to this guide for more details.
It is to be noted that no TaiG version for Mac OS X is released for iOS 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.1, 8.1.1, and iOS 8.1.2. For these iOS versions, you’ll have to use either Pangu or PP jailbreak.
Unzip and run it in Administrative mode.
Before connecting your device to the PC, perform the following tasks.
- Disable Touch ID.
- Remove passcode if you have set it on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Turn off Find my iPhone feature.
Uncheck 3K Assistant option and click the Start button to begin the jailbreak.
If you see an error message that the required drivers are missing, then follow the link to download the drivers. This error may appear if you are using an older version of iTunes.
Now click on the “Start” button and sit back. Let TaiG perform its job.
Once completed, you’ll get the “Jailbreak Succeeded” message.
Now open Cydia on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch and install your favorite tweaks, apps and themes from the store.
If you are not sure which jailbreak will tool will work on the current iOS version of your iPhone, check out our main iPhone Jailbreak page. Link is in the main navigation bar.