Redsnow 0.9.6 b1 for Windows Released to Jailbreak iOS 4.1
It is a big news for Windows users. Redsnow 0.9.6 b1 is now available to download for windows users. If you are following the updates, you must know that this version only supports iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G that have been updated to iOS 4.1.
If you have not updated you idevice to iOS 4.1 yet, it is strongly recommended that you save the SHSH blobs first with cydia. This version is not for those who rely on ultrasnow unlock. Read these notes carefully before using Redsnow 0.9.6b1.
IF YOU USE THE ULTRASN0W UNLOCK, PLEASE WAIT FOR PWNAGETOOL TO SUPPORT 4.1. DO NOT USE REDSN0W. That’s because to use redsn0w at 4.1, you need to already have updated to official 4.1 from Apple. If you do that, you lose the ultrasn0w unlock (possible forever).
- Launch the beta redsn0w 0.9.6b1
- Select your stock 4.1 or 4.0 ipsw (you’ve already used this to update your device to 4.1 or 4.0)
- Select “Install Cydia” and click “Next”. Use DFU mode to install the jailbreak.
- Redsnow 0.9.6 (for Windows only) Direct link
- Download Redsnow 0.9.6 from official site
- Download iTunes 10
- Download iOS 4.0 here
iOS 4.1 Direct Download links:
Note: If you are on Mac, head over to this post for more details.