Sony Ericsson is going to roll out a new firmware for its symbian based “Satio” this weekend. Initially some specific regions will get the update and more will be covered in the coming week.
However some users might face delay in receiving the update due to late approval by different operators.
A lot of bugs have been fixed in this release with many improvements. You can get the update through Update Service Client found at www.sonyericsson.com/update .
According to the SE Blog the important changes in this firmware will be:
- Support for WVGA video recording – The already great video recording will be enhanced to fit the wide screen format and hence resolution is also slightly increased to 864 * 480 pixles. (the preset size will still be VGA, user has to change to get WVGA)
- Upload of pictures to Facebook – It will be possible to upload pictures directly from the picture menu you have on the home screen or from the Media UI.
- Youtube video uploading – It will be possible to upload videos to Youtube directly from the Media UI.
- Conversational messaging – “Conversations” will be nicely integrated in the messaging menu in order to easily find and inspire to more conversations with your friends.
- DLNA support – The new software will support DLNA media server for easy transfer of audio and still pictures. (Note that video is not supported)
- UI improvements – On top of above, several minor UI improvements have been done in order to optimize the user experience.
- The Facebook application that is now available on PlayNow for free download will be included in the sw.
So be ready and keep checking to test this new firmware on your Satio. Please let us know if you find some changes.