Earlier today we reported that Sn0wbreeze 2.3 has been released by iH8sn0w. Sn0wbreeze 2.3 can jailbreak iOS 4.3 on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad but the jailbreak is tethered boot at the moment meaning you have to connect your device with PC to get jailbroken state on it.
The complete step by step guide to jailbreak your idevice using Snowbreeze 4.3 is posted after the break.
- Ultrasn0w doesn’t work on iOS 4.3 yet. So if you rely on unlock, don’t update your device to latest iOS 4.3 version until iPhone Dev Team comes up with a working ultrasn0w.
- Sn0wbreeze is based on Windows OS. Mac users can use PwnageTool to jailbreak iOS 4.3. Head over to this post for complete PwnageTool Jailbreak instructions.
- Before updating your device to iOS 4.3 make it sure you have saved SHSH blobs for iOS 4.2.1 on Cydia Server so that you can downgrade iOS 4.3 to 4.2.1 any time.
- iOS 4.3 for your device [Download]
- Sn0wbreeze 2.3 b1 for Windows [Download]
- iTunes 10.2.1 installed on your PC [Download]
Creating Custom iOS 4.3 Firmware:
Step 1: Download Sn0wbreeze 4.3 and run it. The antivirus installed on your PC may consider it a virus, so you should disable antivirus program for some time or add Snowbreeze to exception list.
Step 2: Click the blue colored arrow to proceed.
Step 3: Select the required iPSW file (iOS 4.3) by clicking on “Browse” option.
Step 4: Snowbreeze will identify the iPSW file at this stage. Click on arrow again to proceed.
Step 5: If you are having iPhone and don’t want to update the baseband, select “Baseband Preservation Mode” otherwise select “Simple Mode”.
Step 6: Sn0wbreeze will now start cooking the custom iOS 4.3 firmware.
Step 7: When you see “Done” message, click on “OK” button.
Step 8: Follow the onscreen instructions to put your device into pwned DFU mode.
Restoring Custom iOS 4.3 Firmware Using iTunes
Launch iTunes. From the iTunes sidebar select your device. Now press the “alt” (option) button on Mac or left “Shift” button if you are on Win and then click on “Restore” button in the iTunes.
This will make iTunes prompt you to select the location for iOS 4.3 which you have already downloaded in Part 1.
Now sit back and let iTunes restore iOS 4.3 on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. During the restore process you may see unknown error messages (1013, 1004 etc), just ignore these errors.
As we have told you iOS 4.3 jailbreaking is tethered at present, so you have to connect your device with PC and use iBooty to get jailbroken state. Run iBooty, which is extracted on Desktop after cooking custom iOS 4.3 using Snowbreeze.
Select your device and again enter DFU mode by following the onscreen instructions. Soon iBooty will do its work and your device will be booted in tethered jailbroken mode.
Now tap on Cydia icon and install your faviourite apps and tweaks from Cydia Store.