The Biggest Gamble Ever By Google – [Infographic]
Well, if you have ever used the web, as you are surely doing now, you must know about Google – the Biggest search engine, the biggest advertisement company and probably the richest firm in the world. Now we have latest readings of the amount of money, employees and traffic coming to this Google company and the plans and philosophy of Google for the future. Lets start from the beginning.
The Starting Of Google:-
- Google began as a research project by Larry Page and Sergey Brin in January 1996 when they were both PhD students at Stanford University in California.
- The first funding for Google was a contribution of US$100,000 from Andy Bechtolsheim, co-founder of Sun Microsystems, given in August 1998 before Google was even incorporated.
- Since 2001, Google started acquiring other firms.
The New Google Philosphy:-
- Google started a straightforward search engine, and began improving at a considerable pace through the ads by different companies, earning by three main things, its search, display adds and its video. Its marketing figures improved, because of no good competitor.
- Google recently bought the Motorolla mobile company to boost its android technology and also got some patent advantages. Following are some figures showing how Google captured the market.
- Here are the figures of Google against AT&T:-
- AT&T offers an iPhone without contract for about $750 while the cost to AT&T is $468.
- AT&T offers an iPhone with a contract for about $200 while the cost to AT&T is $619.
- Google offers an Android Phone at a cost of $200 and the cost to Google is the same $200, thereby causing the market shares of iPhone to drop considerably and causing the Google market shares to rise, due to adds in the Google Android.
- The mobile advertising market shares figures are:-
- Google (admob) 73%.
- Jiwire 15%
- 14 other inmobi 14%
- Yahoo 1%
- Asfonic 1%
- iAd (apple) 1%
- Google Total Ad Revenues have rised to about $28 Billion, while the Total Revenus are just below $30 Billion.
- Figures of employees of Google by function
- General And Administrative 14.8 %
- Research & Development 37.5%
- Sales & Marketing 37.0%
- Operations 10.7%
- Employees over the years
- 2004- 3,021 employees
- 2007-16,805 employees
- 2010-24,400 employees
The Main Aim Or Philosphy:-
- Focus on the needs of its users, the rest would follow.
- Focus on one thing if you want to improve it.
- Fast is better than slow.
- Democracy works on the web too.
- You don’t have to be on the desk always to need an answer.
- Money can be made without doing evil.
- There’s always information somewhere, just help in the search of it.
- The need of information is the greatest.
- Great isn’t good enough, so work for the excellent.
- You don’t have to wear a suit to be serious.
The Main Principles of Google:-
- Focus on the needs of the people-their lives, their dreams
- Every millisecond counts, so make time your power
- Simplicity is powerful
- Engage beginners and experts would be attracted themselves
- Dare to innovate
- Design for the world
- Plan for today’s and tomorrow’s business and strategy beforehand
- Delight the eye without distracting the mind
- Be worthy of human’s trust
- Add a human touch
Even the unofficial slogan for google is “Dont be evil”. Well they are right, you can be rich without being evil, if you don’t believe it than answer a question,
How does google works without coming on the road?
Google’s strategies are ever the best, its market shares are rising against the Apple iPhone, mainly because of its simplicity and low prices. Well Google surely understand the people. (via marketingpilgrim)