The Product Manager for Ovi Mail has just published a post on Nokia Beta Labs blog about the release of new Ovi Mail 2.0. Now the contacts in Ovi Mail have been integrated with Ovi Contacts.
The contact list will be same on both Ovi Mail and Ovi contacts and it can also be synchronized with the phone.
Hem has told how this One Contact List will work:
- User opens an email from a friend in Ovi Mail on the web and sends a reply back
- Ovi Mail shows a dialog box asking if he wants to add the person to his address book. User says yes and fills in the entries and clicks on ‘Add contact’
- Within a few minutes, the new contact appears in Ovi Contacts on the web because Ovi Mail now is integrated with Ovi Contacts
- User decides to sync his phone to get the newly added contact on his phone. User can either initiate a sync from device or from Ovi Contacts on the web to sync his contacts
- After the sync completes, user views the Phonebook on the device and the name of the friend and the newly added email address appear in the Phonebook on the phone
The other important update in this new version of Ovi Mail is the support for Arabic language. Now the Arabic speaking users can view the Ovi mail UI in arabic.