Google has just released a new version of Google+ App for Android phones. Google+ v1.0.7 includes fixes for bugs and improved support for Video playback and public search. Apart from these usual fixes and improvements, Google+ android app also brings two important new features: Messenger and Hangouts.
Huddle is renamed as Messenger on Google+ app, which allows you to chat and now share photos with your friends.
Hangoust feature, which was only available for desktop browsers till now, is also available in this new version. However, only those users can enjoy hangouts who have android phones running on Android 2.3 or above and having a front facing camera.
What’s in this version 1.0.7:
- Update: Bug fixes in mobile hangouts
- Join hangouts from the mobile app
- Set profile photo
- Huddle is now Messenger
- Send photos in Messenger
- Reliability improvements in Messenger
- Long press on posts in stream to +1, share and mute
- Improved video playback support
- Improved public search for people
- Granular push notification settings
- Move app to your SD card
- Improved +mention support
You can download this app now directly through this link (Android Market). Google has mentioned on its blog that Google+ app for iOS, having these new features, is also around the corner.