Apple has just released iOS 5.1 for iPhone (iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS), iPad (iPad 1, iPad 2) and iPod Touch Touch (3g & 4g) which is available through iTunes and also through the iDevice’s built-in updater.
We will post the direct download links here soon including the new changes introduced in this new version.
Update 1: Siri gets new languages and accents in iOS 5.1.
Update 2: Apart from the general bug fixes and performance improvements, this update also include the following changes:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
- Updated AT&T network indicator
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
Direct Download iOS 5.1 Links (Build 9B176):
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4S (9B179)
- iPad 2 (also iPad 2 AT&T and iPad 2 Verizon)
- iPod touch 3rd gen
- iPod touch 4th gen