Apple has just announced iOS 5 for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPod Touch 3 and iPod Touch 4 devices while bringing more than 200 new features in it. The important features include:
- Notification – A revamped system of notifications and alerts. Notification center aggregates all the notifications just like android. You can push down and see all notifications app wise.
- Newsstand: automatically downloads the new publications of newspapers and magazines which can be read offline.
- Twitter – everywhere
- Reminders – Keep all reminders at one place, sync across iOS apps
- Camera updates – new home screen shortcut and photo editing.
- Improved Mail- Tons of new features (rich text formatting, indentation control, draggable addresses, search entire message, flag message, S/MIME, built-in dictionary for mail
- New keyboard: grab it with your thumbs and go up and it splits.
- PC free – no need of PC to activate your device.
- iMessage – New messaging service for all iOS users (send, receive, delivery reports etc)
- AirPlay mirroring, letting you mirror your entire iPad right to the TV — wirelessly
… and many others.
You can download iOS 5 if you are already registered with Apple’s developer program. All those who don’t have account will be able to get the final and public release which will be shipped this fall.
Download iOS 5 [Developers only]