Apple has just released a new update iOS 6.0.1 for their iDevices namely iPhone, iPad ad iPod Touch devices. The update is available for download through iTunes and OTA update will be rolled out gradually.
This minor update fixes the issues of iPhone 5 and iPod Touch related to connected. It fixes bug which prevent the device from installing the updates wirelessly. Here are the changes introduced in the new version.
iOS 6.0.1 changelog
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
Over-the-air update requires full restore of iOS. In fact it requires you to install an iOS Updater first which will then guide you through the whole process.
Direct Download iOS 6.0.1 Links:
Here are the direct download links for iOS 6.0.1: