Microsoft has released Internet Explorer 9 Release Candidate to public. According to Microsoft’s claims, IE9 is the fastest browser with over 25 million downloads of the IE9 beta.
Internet Explorer has been downloaded 1.5 times more than the IE8 beta in the same period of time.
The IE9 RC includes a number of important improvements consistent with our vision of delivering an all-around fast browser, one that puts the focus on your sites, strengthens our commitment to privacy and security, and delivers on our the commitment to developers to enable them to use the same markup and site-ready HTML5. For example, the IE RC includes:
- Significant performance improvements in browser speed which, according to the WebKit SunSpider test, is now 35% faster than the IE9 Beta. Coupled with IE9’s innovative approach to graphics processing through hardware acceleration in Windows, IE9 is truly an all-around fast browser opening up opportunities for developers to create rich new experiences.
- Numerous enhancements to the user interface such as new ways of handling notifications, the ability to place tabs on their own separate row, and enhancements to the already powerful site pinning functionality.
- Support for additional HTML5 and web standards including Geolocation, and semantic tags.
- Following through on the commitment we made in December to put users in control of their privacy online, and the RC of IE9 includes the Tracking Protection technology we announced then. In addition we are delighted that third party organizations such as Abine, TRUSTe, EasyList, and PrivacyChoice are already building and publishing Tracking Protection lists. For more information visit the Internet Explorer page of the Microsoft News Center.
- Download Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 (x86 version)
- Download Internet Explorer 9 RC for Windows 7 (x64 version)
- Download IE 9 RC for Windows Vista (x86 version)
- Download IE 9 for Windows Vista (x64 version)