Finally Redsn0w 0.9.7 b1 has been released to support untethered jailbreak on iOS 4.2.1. The just released beta version of Redsn0w is currently compatible with iPhone 4, iPad and iPod Touch 4G, but support for more devices is coming soon.
Redsnow 0.9.7 uses the backup method, which the Redsnow calls “Jailbreak Monte” to achieve the untethered jailbreak state on the above mentioned idevices.
It is very important that you must already have the SHSH blobs saved on Cydia server for this purpose. Here is the official update from iPhone Dev Team:
Update #1: We’re about to release the first beta using this new “backup method”, which redsn0w calls “Jailbreak Monte”. Here are some important points:
- This is a beta tester program. It’s not a general release! Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
- For the same reason, please don’t participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
- Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
- This very first beta1 is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
- Cydia must have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on file. (As we approach a general release, we’ll provide a way to let you use locally saved hashes too).
- You must already have the usbmuxd software installed and running on your Mac (this requirement will eventually go away too). The correct invocation of the relay is just as that page says: “./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222”.
- Please leave all feedback in the comments below (we really need your feedback to help develop it into a stable release!)
Download Redsn0w 0.9.7:
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.7 b1 for Mac
- Windows users will have to wait few more days to get the redns0w for their OS.
Stay tuned to this blog for complete step by step guide to convert the tethered jailbreak into untethered jailbreak with Redns0w.
My iPhone is ONLY showing the usb-cable to iTunes-logo picture.
iTunes ALWAYS gives me error (6) when trying to restore, and I have tried restoring with 3 different computers.
I have tried the two different dfu-modes, but still stuck at error (6).
Can anyone help , please ? !! ? :(
How one can help if you don’t tell:
1) iPhone model
2) iOS version installed
3) Want only jailbreak or rely on too.
make a windows one plz i
what about windows
I am just glad that there are people working to allow the rest of us to enjoy the freedom of jailbreak
yh ur right but im not able to get free from this jailbreak coz i have window7 and have no idea what to do
has the windows version been released yet? I heard they weren’t releasing it because it was too slow…. I don’t care if it takes a week to do it… lol
the download link doesn’t work please help
Had bad audio problems and also bad blue tooth connections and audio. Had to hold iphone up to my bluetooth ear piece for it to kind of work. So I got upset today and restored phone. Guess what It now works fantastic. I can actually use it to communicate with out people complaining about crackling noises ect and audio breaks. I can also now go upstair with bluetooth earpiece and leave Iphone on first floor while I talk or listen to music on iphone. I allmost sent it in for repair. But a delema . cant play RR2 on HD big screen TV anymore !!!! That sucks. I can still watch netflix streaming movies though. I hope RR2 adds that ability to the app. Thomas
If you had of read everything, it states that they dont have one for Windows yet….. so take ur sucky attitude somewhere else. I have windows too, and im not complaining. They know more than i do and Ill wait if i have too. Gheesh
is this real?
Great Job Redsn0w!!! I can hardly wait for official release with support of Iphone 3GS, and the other devices ! Great work , you rock
this is so gay i dont even know anyone who has a mac.
Love it too bad I can’t try out the beta on my 3GS or iPad thru windows :(:(:( i look forward to the release ! Thanksss ,,, you guys rock !
when windows gon get it damn
dude the link just leads you to an empty page whats up?
this is crap its only for mac and that suck make a windows version
make for window user please!!!!!