In past we had to wait for a long time to get a new update for smartphone, but these days new update is already ready to be rolled out within the first few weeks of phone’s release. Motorola Droid 2, which was reported to have signal issues like iPhone 4, was being expected to get a new firmware update, but unfortunately this new droid 2 update doesn’t correct any signal strength issue.
The main changes in this update, according to Verizon, are:
- Enabled text and picture message scrolling.
- Streamlined set up of Visual Voice Mail feature.
- Improved contact sync with Corporate Exchange categories and groups.
- View accurate contact pictures when reviewing Recent Call Log.
Engadget has also confirmed it that this new update doesn’t address the reception issue. However if you are interested to see the new changes in your phone, go through the following simple steps to install the update on your Motorola Droid 2:
- From the main menu, tap the “Menu”.
- Now select settings
- Select About Phone.
- Tap on System Updates.
- Now tap on Download to proceed to install the new update.