Evasi0n7 for iOS 7 gets an update from previous v1.0.6 to new v1.0.7 which is now the latest one at the time of this writing. Nothing is changed in the latest version except a bug is fixed which was plaguing some devices. The affected iPhone and iPad models were not getting the latest updates and new Cydia packages from already added repositories. Unfortunately there is still no way to push the fix for any specific device through already available universal cydia package. So, the evad3rs team had to release the new version evasi0n7 1.0.7 to fix the issue.
How to Know If You Need Evasi0n 1.0.7?
As we have told you the bug in previous evasi0n version is affecting only few devices, so if you want to know whether your device is also included in the affected models, run this simple test as suggested by Evad3rs team on twitter.
A quick way to check if you’re affected: search for a recently-released package (like SSLPatch) in Cydia. If you can find it, you’re good.
— evad3rs (@evad3rs) March 2, 2014
1) Refresh the changes in Cydia.
2) Now search for any recently released package like SSLPatch. If you can find it, there is no need to re-jailbreak your device.
3) If you can’t see the package, you’ll have to go through all the procedure again which involves the following steps.
- First of all back up your device with iTunes.
- Now get the latest iOS version, that is iOS 7.0.6 at the moment.
- Restore your device to fresh firmware.
- Now download evasi0n7 1.0.7 for your Mac or Windows PC.
- Run it and follow the steps mentioned by evasi0n tool.
- After the successful jailbreak, you can restore your backup on the device to get everything back.
It is always recommended to install fresh .iPSW file before running any new version of evasi0n in order to avoid any issue.
Here are download links: