Everyone was expecting it and there it is. iOS 7 beta 4 is out now in the developer centre with bunch of new changes and many bug fixes. With every new release this revamped version is getting better and better.
What’s New in it:
1) The first change you’ll see is present on the lockscreen. There is no more confusing up-arrow. A grabber for the Control centre in the bottom and for the Notification Centre at top is present.
2) Spotlight search gets a cancel option. Now you don’t need to use the backspace and remove all the entered text to go back. Simply tap on Cancel.
3) HDR Mode toggle button moves at the top of camera app, more prominent and easily accessible.
4) Live Photo filters for iPhone 4s users.
5) New Q&A section in Siri.
6) Call, Answer and Decline button are refreshed.
7) Minor changes to Newsstand app and Keyboad.
8) Shuffle All option back in the Music app.
9) Settings app improved and includes new icons.
10) You can now enable “Completed Uploads” option in the Notification Centre.
11) Maps app tweaked. It also shows the times remaining to the location under the car icon.
12) On-device password setup dialogue appears in Saved Passwords for Safari.
Here are the direct download links for iOS 7 beta 4. Please keep in mind that you must be a Dev Centre’s member to download these standalone iPSW files.
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
How to Install it Without Registering the Device:
As you all know that the UDID of the device must be registered with the developer account in order to install any beta release. But kudos to those who find such marvellous ways to bypass the essential steps. Just like the very first beta release, you can also install iOS 7 beta 4 on your device without having UDID registered. First of all download the beta iPSW file on your computer. Now launch iTunes, connect your device with it and click on “Update” while keeping pressed the Alt/Option on mac, or Shift on Windows. Navigate to the download iPSW file and restore your device with new beta.
How to Install iOS 7 B4 Through OTA:
If you are already running beta 3, you can update to this release by using the built-in OTA updater. If you don’t find the notification for this new beta in the settings, reboot your device and you’ll get the message.
When it Will Expire:
Every beta release has its expiry period after which you can’t use it. You’ll have either upgrade to new beta version or the public release whichever is available at that time. So, iOS 7 beta 4 build number 11A4435d expires on Thursday, September 12.
If you find anything new other than mentioned above, please let us know in the comments sections below.