There is news that new firmware for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic has been released. Firmware v50.0.005 brings performance improvement, new functions and some bug fixes. Read the updates at the end of this post.
Though I checked the availability of firmware for my 5800 through FOTA method, but still it is not available for my handset.
Currently following changes have been reported in the new firmware:
Updated Music Player like N97.
Kinetic Scrolling In Menu.
Inbuilt QuickOffice, You Can Also Remove It.
New Ovi Sync Added.
On/Off Option For History In Browser.
Get Rihanna Added.
Real Player Updated.
Share Web Page Option Via Bluetooth.
1 Touch Dialing & Call Settings Options In Dialer
jacks60v5 has uploaded a video of Nokia 5800 running on this new firmware version. The kinetic scrolling in menu and new updated music player are really cool.
Soon I will update this post for new changes after I update my 5800 XpressMusic. The firmware will be available through both FOTA and NSU.
If you are interested in the changelog of previous firmware version for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, you can read the dedicated post for Fimware v40.0.005 here.
Currently this new firmware v50.0.005 is available for these product codes but it will be released for other codes soon.
* 0559472 Taiwan RED 50.0.005
* 0559473 Hong Kong RED 50.0.005
* 0559476 APAC1 RED 50.0.005
* 0559548 APAC2 RED 50.0.005
* 0559668 APAC2 AU RED 50.0.005
* 0559669 APAC2 NZ RED 50.0.005
* 0559670 APAC1 Indonesia RED 50.0.005
* 0559673 APAC2 India RED 50.0.005
* 0559676 Vietnam RED 50.0.005
* 0559678 Thailand RED 50.0.005
* 0559857 Taiwan BLUE 50.0.005
* 0559931 Hong Kong BLUE 50.0.005
* 0559950 APAC1 BLUE 50.0.005
* 0559953 APAC2 BLUE 50.0.005
* 0559958 APAC2 AU BLUE 50.0.005
* 0559959 APAC2 NZ BLUE 50.0.005
* 0559960 APAC1 Indonesia BLUE 50.0.005
* 0559961 APAC2 India BLUE 50.0.005
* 0559962 Vietnam BLUE 50.0.005
* 0559963 Thailand BLUE 50.0.005
* 0570196 APAC1 RED MALAYSIA 50.0.005
* 0570197 APAC1 BLUE MALAYSIA 50.0.005
* 0570200 APAC2 BLUE BANGALDESH 50.0.005
* 0570201 APAC2 RED BANGLADESH 50.0.005
* 0570203 APAC2 BLUE SOUTH ASIA 50.0.005
* 0570204 APAC2 RED SOUTH ASIA 50.0.005
* 0573776 Taiwan Black 50.0.005
* 0573780 Hong Kong Black 50.0.005
* 0573784 APAC1 Black 50.0.005
* 0573786 APAC1 Black MALAYSIA 50.0.005
* 0573787 APAC2 Black 50.0.005
* 0573788 APAC2 AU Black 50.0.005
* 0573791 APAC2 NZ Black 50.0.005
* 0573794 APAC1 Indonesia Black 50.0.005
* 0573797 APAC2 India Black 50.0.005
* 0573800 Vietnam Black 50.0.005
* 0573801 Thailand Black 50.0.005
* 0573859 APAC2 Black BANGLADESH 50.0.005
* 0573860 APAC2 Black SOUTH ASIA 50.0.005
* 0576527 APAC1 Blue CAMBODIA 50.0.005
* 0576528 APAC1 Black CAMBODIA 50.0.005
* 0576530 APAC1 RED CAMBODIA 50.0.005
* 0591824 APAC1 GUN and BLACK SINGAPORE 50.0.005
* 0591825 APAC1 GUN and BLACK MALAYSIA 50.0.005
* 0591826 APAC2 GUN and BLACK PHILIPPINES 50.0.005
* 0591827 APAC2 GUN and BLACK AUSTRALIA 50.0.005
* 0591828 APAC2 GUN and BLACK NEW ZEALAND 50.0.005
* 0591829 APAC1 GUN and BLACK INDONESIA 50.0.005
* 0591831 VIETNAM GUN and BLACK 50.0.005
* 0591832 THAI GUN and BLACK 50.0.005
* 0591833 APAC2 GUN and BLACK BANGLADESH 50.0.005
* 0591834 APAC2 GUN and BLACK SOUTH ASIA 50.0.005
* 0591835 APAC1 GUN and BLACK CAMBODIA 50.0.005
* 0598719 RM-356 Hong Kong GUN and BLACK 50.0.005
Update 1: This firmware is still not available via both FOTA and NSU methods. It seems that either it is a custom firmware or it is under beta testing and will be released within 1-2 days.
Update 2: I just checked again and found that new firmware 50.0.005 is available for my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic via NSU. There is no update available via OTA method.
Update 3: The firmware is now available via FOTA method. Finally I have updated my 5800 XpressMusic and found following changes (before formatting my phone) other than the above mentioned:
Now keypad lock can be set in seconds. (I think this feature was not present in v40).
Web page scrolling is more smooth.
Web page display gets full screen after few seconds.
If anyone of you have updated to latest firmware, please share your experiences in the comments.