Wow, this is amazing. Now we can jailbreak PlayStation 3 with our android mobile phone like Google Nexus One and HTC Desire. Without wasting your precious time in more details, here is the step by step guide to jailbreak PS3 free with an android phone.
- Download the package, extract it. (link at the bottom of this post)
- Extract N1-CM6-PSFreedom.tar.gz and copy the contents to your SD card.
- Copy PS3-signed.zip and PS3-No-More-signed.zip to your SD card.
- Reboot into the recovery console.
- Install/flash PS3-signed.zip.
- Reboot your phone.
- Use ConnectBot or any terminal app and type:
- cd /mnt/sdcard
- insmod psfreedom.ko
- Kill the power to your PS3, switch on the back (PS3 Fat) or unplug from the wall (PS3 Slim), and connect your phone via USB.
- Re-enable power and press the PS3 power button followed by the eject button in quick succession.
- Your PS3 is now hacked! You’ll see “Install Package Files” under GAME on the XMB.
To return your phone to normal just boot back to recovery and flash PS3-No-More-signed.zip.
However, there are also known bugs with this PS3 Jailbreak method:
- This method will disable the WiFi and you won’t be able to play the games online. WiFi will start working again when you flash back the original boot.img.
- It will also disable the USB mass storage.
The list of supported android phones for PS3 Jailbreak can be found here.
Download Android based PS3 Jailbreak Package:
- PS3 Jailbreak Package for android phones.
Watch the Video for more details: