p0sixninja, the key figure behind Greenpoin Jailbreak Tool has just posted on his twitter account that he is working on a permanent untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 on all idevices i.e., iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPad, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G. However, he didn’t disclose what type of exploit he was working on/using for this permanent untethered jailbreak.
Few hours ago MuscleNerd also confirmed that he had achieved untethered jailbreak on iOS 4.2.1 using iOS 4.2 Beta 3 kernel.
If posixninja gets success, it would be third unthered jailbreak process for iOS 4.2.1.
- MuscleNerd: confirmed the untethered jailbreak on iOS 4.2.1 using a kernel file, without losing any exploit.
- Comex: working on more extensible jailbreak method.
- posixninja: who just confirmed the working on permanent untethered jailbreak.
You might also like to read these posts:
- Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak Confirmed [Video]
- Method to Downgrade Baseband 06.15.00 to 05.15.04 Coming Soon for iPhone 3GS, 3G
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 3G(S) on iOS 4.2.1 with Ultrasn0w and Redsn0w [Guide]
Stay tuned to this site for more information on iOS 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak. If you are interested to get tethered jailbreak on iOS 4.2.1, read this post for complete instructions.