Apple has released iOS 4.1 beta for developers with many improvements. One of changes in new beta is improved signal bar display on iPhone. In spite of bug fixes in this beta firmware, you can still jailbreak your iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G with the latest version of Redsnow using a simple trick. This jailbreak is especially useful for those developers who develop apps for jailbroken iphones and iPods. It is to be noted that you can not unlock iOS 4.1, so its important for you to stay away from this jailbreak until iPhone Dev Team released the official tools.
Here is the Tutorial to Jailbreak your iPod Touch 2G (Non-MC):
- Download the latest itunes 9.2 and iOS 4 on your PC machine.
- Update your iPod to latest iOS 4.1.
- Now open the Redsnow 0.9.5 and point it to iOS 4.0 (please note it is firmware 4.0 and not the 4.1 in this step).
- Click on next.
- Now select Cydia and other options if you want to enable multitasking and homescreen wallpapers on iPod.
- Make sure your iPod is switched off and connected to the PC.
- At this stage you will need to put your phone in DFU mode. To do this hold “Power” button and then while holding the “Power” button, you will now have to hold “Home” button too for about 10 seconds. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button until installation begins(about 330 seconds).
- Let the redsnow complete the jailbreak process.
- After the update process is complete, your phone will restart automatically. At this stage the Cydia icon will be blank. Go to the Sources panel and add http://apt.saurik.com/cydia-3.7 repo.
- Note it there is no unlock software available currently for iOS 4.1.