There are many cellular service providers which don’t provide voice mail or offer only a basic version of Voice Mail. If you are not satisfied with that and want to get an advanced version of the voicemail app, then don’t look back to your provider but install this ultimate Answering Machine app on your iPhone to replace the native voicemail app.
Answering Machine X is a new Cydia tweak released on BigBoss repo by Elia Limneos developer for all jailbroken iPhone models.
Answering Machine Cydia app for iPhone comes with a slew of features and customizations which are not present in the native iPhone voicemail app.
When we activate it on our iPhone, it bypasses the built-in voicemail system and redirects all unanswered called to its inbox.
The one big feature of this Cydia app is that you can listen to the voice messages when they are being recorded without answering the actual call. It means you can pick up the call any time during the message recording process.
Another big advantage, it displays badges whenever there is a new missed voicemail. You can also customize the notifications and alerts as we do with other app store apps.
Prominent Features You Get After Installing Answering Machine for iPhone from Cydia Store
The features of this app are comparable with any ultimate answering machine app out there, whether for iPhone or for an Android phone. Some of the important ones are listed below.
Google Voice also performs the similar type of functions and that comes completely free of cost. It runs on iPhone, iPad, Android and other big operating systems.
1. Native Notifications: Whenever a new voice mail is received, you’ll get native notifications. Badges, banners and sound notifications all are present in this app.
2. Recording Own Greeting: You can greet the callers with own greetings or use system services like Siri to great the callers with their names or with the spoken text you specify. You can also skip the greeting.
3. Custom Greetings: You can assign custom greetings as per contact basis. For every contact, a different greeting can be set.
4. Voice Translation: The receiving voicemail can be converted into the text format in real time. This feature is available for all the iOS dictation languages.
Info: Now you can save all your text messages, iMessages and SMS on iCloud from your iPhone, iPad and Mac OS.
5. Listen While Recording: Very useful feature. You can listen to the caller while the message is being recording in the voicemail inbox.
6. Pick up the call: You can receive the call any time during the recording process, or let it be recorded.
7. Recording in Background: You can send the Answering Machine X in the background and perform your current task. You can bring forward the whole process again whenever you wish.
8. DTMF Commands: You can listen to all the recorded voicemail messages remotely by calling your phone. You can even delete the messages or mark then read from distance. This feature can also be password protected so that other user can’t use it without proper permission.
9. Redirect calls: You can redirect all calls to the answering machine when Do Not Disturb is enabled. This feature is optional.
10. All cellular and FaceTime calls are supported by this app.
We hope after reading all these interesting features of this wonderful, you’ll forget the native voicemail app and give it a try.
The answering machine app for iPhone can be installed from the BigBoss repo with the introductory price tag of $2.98.