As we know that Chronic Dev Team has released its Limera1n based “Greenpoison” jailbreak tool for iOS 4.1, but it works only on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G 4G and iPad.
Here is the complete step by step “How To” guide to jailbreak the mentioned idevices on iOS 4.1 using Greenpoison. It is to inform you that the main principle and working of this jailbreak is similar to Limera1n because both are based on the same exploit.
Step 1: Download Greenpoison and run it on your PC.
Step 2: Switch off you iDevice and connect it to PC.
Step 3: To put your iDevie into DFU mode, follow the steps mentioned on the screen of Greenpoison.
Step 4: When the phone is in DFU mode, you will see the message “Ready to Jailbreak”.
Step 5: Now click on Jailbreak and wait for status bar to complete.
Step 6: Once the jailbreak is complete, your iPhone will reboot.
Step 7: Now you will have a “loader” icon on your iDevice Home screen. Launch loader and select Cydia to install it.
Step 8: After the Cydia has been installed successfully, you will asked to remove the Loader. Hit “Remove” button to uninstall it.
Step 9: Reboot your phone and you will have a jailbroken idevice with Cydia installed.
- Download Greenpoison here (direct link)
You might also like to read these posts:
- Greenpoison Download Available to Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod 3G/4G and iPad
- Comparison: JailbreakMe vs Greenpoison vs Limera1n
- Download Limerain to Jailbreak iPad on iOS 3.3.2
- Limera1n Beta 3 Released to Support iPhone 3GS New Bootrom Jailbreak on iOS 4.1 [How To]