If you have already jailbroken (tethered) your idevice, you don’t need to jailbreak it again. Simple re-run this new version of Redsn0w and to get the untethered jailbreak state.
Here is the complete step by step guide to use Redsn0w 0.9.7 b1. Before you proceed, read the following “updated warnings/notes” from iPhone Dev Team:
- This is a beta tester program. It’s not a general release! Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
- For the same reason, please don’t participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
- Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
Step 1: Jailbreak (tethered) your iPhone 4, iPad and / or iPod Touch on iOS 4.2.1. The complete instructions are available in this post. If your device is already jailbroken, skip this step.
Step 2: This jailbreak method relies on iOS 4.2.1 b3 SHSH blobs. If you have not saved the SHSH blobs of iOS 4.2.1 Beta 3 on Cydia, don’t try this method because it won’t work for you.
Step 3: Download Redsn0w 0.9.7 beta 1.
Step 4: Download usbmuxd software on your Mac and install it. Once Redsn0w 0.9.7 is out of beta, you won’t need this software.
Step 5: Now open Terminal in “Python Client” directory and run these commands:
chmod +x tcprelay.py
./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222
Step 6: Start Redsn0w 0.9.7 and select the final iOS 4.2.1 ipsw file.
Step 7: After Redsn0w has successfully identified the IPSW file, click next.
Step 8: Select “Jailbreak Monte (untether)” option on Redsow and when it asks for IPSW file again, point it to iOS 4.2.1 beta 3 version.
Step 9: Click Next and follow the Redsn0w on-screen instructions to put your iPhone into DFU mode.
Step 10: Now sit back and let Redsn0w complete the rest of process. Once completed, your idevice will restart with fully untethered jailbroken state.
- Download iOS 4.2 Beta 3
- Download iOS 4.2.1 Final
- Download iTunes 10.1.1
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.7 for Mac
- Downoad usbmuxed software