Do you want to know where to get the direct iOS 10 download links for your supported iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch gadgets, when the iOS 10 direct download links will be available for public and when they will be released for the public beta program? Here are the details.
Update: Apple has finally released iOS 10.0.2.
For those who couldn’t get the chance to follow the live coverage of WWDC 2016 Event, first here is the list of the main features of iOS 10 announced by Apple before writing the actual stuff related to the title of this post.
If you were thinking that Apple would fully redesign the new version of iOS 10, you’ll be disappointed to know that very few areas, like messages and lockscreen, are fully re-written, otherwise, some minor tweaks, adjustments, and fixes are included the new version.
1) Lock Screen with notifications in neat cards with rounded corners is introduced in iOS 10. The date and time are pushed towards the right side.
2) iOS 10 now lets the users to quickly reply to the notifications from within the notification center while allowing them to view the media and messages in full form.
3) Messages app is updated with stickers, bubble animations, full-screen effects, video messages sketching, handwritten notes and invisible message. Tapback feature allows you to react to the message just like Facebook offers.
4) Maps app is also improved with third-party extensions feature, allowing you to book Uber, make reservations, pay with Apple Pay without leaving the app.
5) Apple Music app is also refreshed to allow the users easily find and discover new content.
6) Siri is also updated with many new and important features.
7) Photos app includes a new section called Memories
8) Notifications can be replied back instantly just like “Quick reply” feature.
9) Widgets are now 3D touch powered.
10) Apple Pay can be used through supported websites using the browser.
11) You can wake your iPhone screen just by raising it.
12) Apple stock apps can now be deleted and then re-downloaded and installed from the App store. This feature will certainly give a big relief to those users who want to delete some stock apps to free up some space for other uses.
There are few more features which we will be discussing in the next article along with the details of the above-mentioned features.
Now coming back to the actual topic.
Developer Beta, Public Beta and Public Build of iOS 10:
Apple releases four types of iOS versions. First of all, they send the developer beta to all those users who have got the membership of Apple Developer Program. The cost of this program is $99 for individual and organizations, while it is $299 USD for the Enterprise program.
After initial testing at the Apple headquarters and then by the developers, the first public beta is released for those users who have enrolled their devices in the Public Beta program. The main purpose of this program is to share the new changes with the public and to get the feedback from the general but experienced users.
Later, after series of testing and releasing many developer and public beta iOS versions, the first Golden Master (GM) version is rolled out for all the users. GM is released usually once.
After the GM release, many public versions of iOS are rolled out.
Installing and Downloading Developer, Public and Public Beta iOS 10 Versions:
Developer iOS 10 Beta: To install iOS 10 beta developer version on the device, the UDID of iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch is required to be registered with Apple’s Developer program. That’s the reason, only developers can install it on their device.
Public iOS 10 Beta: The public beta of iOS 10 also requires the registered iDevice for installation. If you want to download and install iOS 10 public beta, follow our this step by step guide.
GM iOS 10 Release: Apple has started rolling out iOS 10 GM (iOS 10.0.1) for the developers. If your device is running on any beta version, it will get a notification that new iOS 10 version is available. You can also get the download links after signing into your Dev Program.
iOS 10 Public Version: At iPhone 7 event, the Cupertino company has finally announced that the first public version of iOS 10 will be available for download next Tuesday, September 13.
History of iOS 10:
- June 13: Apple announced iOS 10 with tons of new features. They released the first beta to the developers the same day.
- July 05: iOS 10 Beta 2 for developers released.
- July 07: First Public beta version released.
- July 18: Apple seeds iOS 10 beta 3 to developers.
- July 20: iOS 10 Public Beta 2 issued for testing.
- August 01: the fourth beta for developers rolled out.
- August 02: iOS 10 Public beta 3 was made available.
- August 09: Beta 5 for developers
- August 15: iOS 10 beta 6 for developers released.
- August 19: iOS 10 beta 7 to developers and beta 6 to public
- August 26: iOS 10 beta 8 to developers and beta 7 to public
- September 07: The GM version of iOS 10 released for developers.
- September 21: iOS 10.1 Beta 1 Released
- September 23: iOS 10.0.2 Released for general users.
iOS 10 Direct Download Links:
Update: iOS 10 released. Please update it via the built-in OTA or use iTunes. For direct links, visit this iOS 10 download links page.
If you are looking for the direct download links for iOS 10, you won’t get these types of links right now from anywhere. There are many websites which are spreading the fake news, just to get some visitors, that the direct links of iOS 10 are available.
The direct download iOS 10 links will be available only when Apple releases the first public version.
The beta links, however, are now available, but for only those who are already registered with Apple’s developer program. If you already a member of this program, you can get the links for your device from this page. https://developer.apple.com/programs/
If you are not a member of the developer program, you can either get the membership which will cost you $99 for a year, or you can wait till the first public beta is launched.
The public beta version of iOS 10 will be available in July for users who enroll themselves in the public beta testing program at here.
Supported Devices for iOS 10:
The following devices are compatible with iOS 10.
iPad Pro 9.7 (Wifi)
iPad Pro 9.7 (Cellular)
iPad Pro (WiFi)
iPad Pro (Cellular)
iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiFi)
iPad Air 2 (6th generation Cellular)
iPad Air (5th generation Cellular)
iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
iPad Air (5th generation China)
iPad (4th generation CDMA)
iPad (4th generation GSM)
iPad (4th generation WiFi)
iPad mini 2 (China)
iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
iPad mini 3 (China)
iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
iPad mini 4 (WiFi)
iPad mini 4 (Cellular)
iPhone 5c (CDMA)
iPhone 5c (GSM)
iPhone 5s (CDMA)
iPhone 5s (GSM)
iPhone 5 (CDMA)
iPhone 5 (GSM)
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 7 Plus
iPod touch (6th-generation)
Just bookmark or save this page “iOS 10 Download Links” and keep coming. We will update the page with direct download links as soon as we get them.