If you are looking for news about iOS 4.2 jailbreak and unlock, iPhone Dev Team has just posted an updated note for all jailbreakers and unlocker.
As you know iOS 4.2 GM is already out and according to some reports the public build of iOS 4.2 is coming this Friday for all idevices i.e., iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
@iphone_de: iOS 4.2 is imminent. All jailbreaks and unlockers please read update #2 athttp://is.gd/gyRLL (ask questions in comments)
And here is the complete UPDATE:
Update #2: By all accounts, we’re within a few days of Apple’s official public release of Firmware 4.2. Here’s what you need to know:
- Thanks to geohot’s limera1n exploit, and our original pwnage2 exploit, and @pod2g’s ipod2g-MC exploit, absolutely all devices at all iOS firmware versions are capable of being jailbroken.
- The untethered jailbreak of those very latest FWs and latest devices depends on @comex hacks. His hacks so far extend only to 4.1 and 4.2beta3. He’s working on a way to extend it to 4.2 and beyond. Just wait for him to work out his method.
- iPhone 3G and 3GS unlockers will be covered by our upcoming unlock. Stay away from any updates to Apple FW until our official release and you’ll be okay. Just stay away from all Apple IPSWs :)
- iPhone4 unlockers are not left out in the cold. @sherif_hashim has found some very promising avenues to pursue. Those will be explored as soon as possible after all the 4.2 madness.
What does this mean to you?
- If you’re an unlocker, just stay where you are. Please, just stay where you are. Any mistakes you make now may be permanent.
- If you only care about the jailbreak and you’re absolutely sure you have your personalized 4.1 SHSH hashes, feel free to experiment but keep in mind that any mistakes you make may result in your losing pictures or notes or bookmarks that you’d rather keep. Honestly unless you love living on the bleeding edge, it’s better to just wait for official updates from Cydia/redsn0w/PwnageTool.
- Don’t buy or donate to any unlock or jailbreak scammers. Every legitimate solution you will find for unlocks or jailbreaks will be offered without an extended hand. That’s how the iPhone jailbreak/unlock community has succeeded. It’s about freedom to do what you want with your $300 device — not about donations, egos, tweets, or “interviews.”
I can guess that you have already saved the SHSH Blobs for iOS 4.1 and in case you are new to jailbreak and unlock or couldn’t find time to do so, here is the complete guide to save the SHSH Blobs on Cydia Server and on local storage with the help of TinyUmbrella.
Want automatic updates? Subscribe to our RSS feed
Get Email Updates
sent directly to your inbox!