If you have placed a pre-order for iPhone 4 or if you want to update your existing iphone/ipod to latest iOS 4, you will need iTunes 9.2 to sync / update your iPhone. The older versions do not support the iOS 4 which will be released on June 21. (But you can update your iDevice with iOS 4 GM now before the public release)
The new features and improvements in this new version are:
- Sync with iPhone 4 to enjoy your favorite music, movies, TV shows, books and more on-the-go
- Sync and read books with iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 4 and iBooks 1.1
- Organize and sync PDF documents as books. Read PDFs with iBooks 1.1 on iPad and any iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 4
- Organize your apps on your iOS 4 home screens into folders using iTunes
- Faster back-ups while syncing an iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 4
- Album artwork improvements make artwork appear more quickly when exploring your library
This version also supports windows operating system, so now windows users can also install the iOS 4 on their iDevices. If you don’t know how to update your iPhone/iPod to latest firmware version, head over to this post.
The download link is available on official iTunes page for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Mac.