@wizdaz, a member of iPhone Dev Team, finally confirms that new Geohot’s bootrom exploit, limera1n, has been successfully ported into PwnageTool. This is a big news for all those who rely on unlock and want to updated their idevices on iOS 4.1.
PwnageTool lets you to cook the custom firmware for your iPhone. With custom firmware, you can remove the restrictions and install third-party apps including cydia on your iPhone. As the baseband is also preserved in PwnageTool, so you can use the existing version of Ultrasnow to unlock iOS 4.1.
The next version of PwnageTool will be released this Sunday for Mac Users only. The Windows users will have to wait a little longer because there is no ETA announced for Snowbreeze (with iOS 4.1 unlock support) which does the same job on Win as PwnageBundle does on Mac.
In case you don’t rely on unlock and have got unlocked iPhone or you are on official/supported carrier, you can read these posts to jailbreak your iDevice on iOS 4.1
- Jailbreak iDevices (iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G/4G, iPad) using Limera1n on iOS 4.1, For Mac Users here
- Jailbreak iDevices (iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G/4G, iPad) using Greenpoison on iOS 4.1
You might also like to read these posts:
- iOS 4.1 and iOS 4.2 Unlock Including Baseband 05.14.02 On Its Way
- Limesn0w to Unlock iOS 4.1 on latest Baseband is Coming!
- How To Unlock iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G with Ultrasnow 1.0 – 1 [Guide]
- How to Unlock iOS 4.0/iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS with Ultrasnow 1.0