A public release of new firmware for Nokia N900 (maemo) has been leaked by a Chinese website. When the link to this firmware was posted on maemo forums, it was considered unauthentic but soon the experienced users tested it and it was found to be a real thing.
We were expecting a stable and public release of MeeGo firmware for N900, but Nokia is going to release another maemo version for N900 device.
Tip: You can read the details about previous version of Maemo PR 1.1.1 and how to update the firmware through over the air and manually.
Change Log for 10.2010.16-8 a.k.a PR 1.2:
- Smoother scrolling
- Long key press gives numbers
- FM transmitter still works even though HK models do not have the hardware.
- Faster. Though this could be due to the reflash..
- No stuttering while recording video
- currently skype video chat seems to be still disabled
- New application manager is awesome!
- Flash version has been updated
- USSD codes now work without requiring additional apps
Watch the Video:
Though this firmware is not available via Over the Air Method yet, but you can download the firmware files and update your device manually.
Download LInk – Please use the official Nokia site for the stable and public firmware.
Download Link 2: We have this link too.
Update 1: Firmware 1.2 is still unofficial and it can cause damage. Read the details here.
Update 2: Now the firmware 1.2 has been released officially. Find here the details.
[via Symbian Oasis]