iPhone Dev Team has just released Redsn0w 0.9.6 RC15 which supports untethered jailbreak on iOS 4.3.3. The exploit used in this new version is same that was used in previous versions of Redsnow to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 and iOS 4.3.2. Redsnow RC15 is compatible with all idevices except iPad 2 and iPhone 4 CDMA.
The official release notes are as follows:
… three in a row! Apple released iOS 4.3.3 on Wednesday, and once again the untethered jailbreak exploit that@i0n1c created for 4.3.1 still works. That makes it an unprecedented three firmwares where the same userland exploit works. We’re not exactly sure why Apple hasn’t fixed the hole yet, but we’re not complaining!
Today’s PwnageTool and redsn0w incorporate @i0n1c’s port to 4.3.3 (it’s ironic that such a long-lasting untether doesn’t even have an official name!). It also of course uses geohot’s limera1n bootrom exploit to inject the jailbreak. The 4.3.3 untether works on all devices that actually support 4.3.3 except for the iPad2:
- iPhone4 (GSM)
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- AppleTV2G (v4.3 8F202)
Some things to note:
- ultrasn0w unlockers must stay away from redsn0w! Use only a custom IPSW to update to 4.3.3, to avoid updating your baseband. There are plenty of tutorials for both redsn0w and PwnageTool at shoutpedia. Or feel free to ask away in our comments section below.
- ultrasn0w has been updated to v1.2.3 to be compatible with iOS 4.3.3 and earlier (the ultrasn0w update does not include any new baseband support!). Please reboot your iPhone using the normal “slide to power off” swipe after installing ultrasn0w 1.2.3.
- By popular demand, redsn0w now allows you to enable multitasking gestures (although most will find it useful only on iPads).
- iPad2 update: The iPad2 jailbreak remains under development. As you may know, the original exploit @comex developed in the first week of the iPad2 release was mysteriously fixed by Apple within days of its development. Partly because of this, don’t expect much public discussion of the iPad2 jailbreak until it’s actually finished and ready for release (and please avoid asking about it). In all liklihood, it will be a userland exploit like the first (unreleased) one, not dependent on bootrom dumps. The first one can’t be released even for those with the original 4.3 firmware due to legal (distribution) reasons.
As always, please feel free to ask for help or advice in our comment section, with out friendly moderators Confucious, sherif_hashim, dhlizard, Frank55, and subarurider (and many other very knowledgable commenters too!)
- Download Redsnow 0.9.6 RC15 for Mac
- Download Redsnow 0.9.6 RC15 onWindows
- Download iOS 4.3.3 for your idevice
The step by step guide to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 untethered with Redsnow 0.9.6 RC15 is same as posted in our previous post.
Download the redsnow from this adress , i have found this after a long long search
Thanks for the help everyone…
I own a Verizon iPhone 4 (v 4.2.8) and own an iMac (Macintosh). Where do I begin and what do I do to jailbreak my phone. Please help due to the fact I seem to get broken and partial information everywhere else.
I think you should read this post https://www.shoutpedia.com/jailbreak-ios-4.2.8-untethered-on-verizon-iphone-4-with-redsn0w-0.9.6-rc15-8764/
That link doesn’t get me anywhere…if I click on “Download Redsnow 0.9.6 RC15 for Mac” it says the page is no longer available…