iPhone 3G jailbreak on iOS 4.1 beta can be done with redsnow 0.9.5 beta 5. It is to be noted that if you update you iPhone 3G to iOS 4.1, redsnow will not be able to hacktivate it. If you have access to developer account and are not bothered about the unlock, you can proceed to jailbreak iPhone 3G on iOS4.1.
Step by Step Procedure:
- Download the latest itunes 9.2 and iOS 4 on your PC machine.
- Update your iPhone 3G to latest iOS 4.1.
- Now open the Redsnow 0.9.5 and point it to iOS 4.0 (please note it is firmware 4.0 and not the 4.1 in this step).
- Click on next.
- Now select Cydia and other options if you want to enable multitasking and homescreen wallpapers on iPhone 3G.
- Make sure your iPhone 3G is switched off and connected to the PC.
- At this stage you will need to put your phone in DFU mode. To do this hold “Power” button and then while holding the “Power” button, you will now have to hold “Home” button too for about 10 seconds. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button until installation begins(about 330 seconds).
- Let the redsnow complete the jailbreak process.
- After the update process is complete, your phone will restart automatically. At this stage the Cydia icon will be blank. Go to the Sources panel and add http://apt.saurik.com/cydia-3.7 repo.
- Note it there is no unlock software available currently for iOS 4.1.