Today it’s fourth iPhone which I updated to iOS 4.2.1, jailbreaked and unlocked with Ultrasn0w. Please don’t assume that I do all this jailbreaking and unlocking stuff for business. In fact, thinking me an iPhone Guru, every day one or two friends of mine came here at my place to get their iPhones unlocked on iOS 4.2.1.
Initially I experienced many problems, but the one which was very irritating to me was:
- iTunes unbearable errors like 14, 3194, 1600 etc
After using different types of tips, tricks and softwares I have got sort of mastery to bypass and resolve these error and I thought that I should share my experience with the readers of this blog.
How to Bypass Errors 14, 3194, 1600 etc?
These are very common errors which you may face during RESTORE process. The one and only solution to bypass such errors is, at least which worked for me, to use a pwned DFU mode. There are three softwares available for this purpose:
Being a windows users I don’t know much about PwnageTool and how well it performs to bypass these errors but in the remaining two softwares iREB is my favourite now.
I tried Redsnow many times but it didn’t work for me and whenever I used iREB, I got success. Here is how to use iREB to get the PWNED DFU mode:
- Download iREB for windows here. Though it supports up to iOS 4.1 but it also works on latest iOS 4.2.1 too, at least for me.
- Close iTunes.
- ‘Connect your iPhone with PC after switching it off.
- Launch iREB.
- Select your device on the screen of iREB UI and follow the onscreen instructions.
- If you get DFU mode, the screen of your idevice must be blank (black).
- Now use iTunes to restore iOS 4.2.1 on your iPhone without any error.
Sometimes your idevice may stick into the recovery mode. Here is the solution to get rid of this problem.
- Connect your iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode or at Apple Logo with PC.
- Lauch iREB.
- Select the device on the screen of iREB. ( Its important before you follow next step.)
- Now keep pressed both Home and Power buttons to turn the device off.
- As the device turns off (black screen), release Home button, but never release Power button.
- As soon as Apple logo re-appears, press the Home button again.
- The screen will go black again after 5-6 seconds. But don’t release any button (Home + Power) till next 5 seconds.
- After 5 seconds, release the Power button but keep pressed Home button until iREB recognises the DFU mode.
- iREB will put the device into limera1ned DFU mode.
If you don’t get the DFU mode, retry again and again. After few attempts you will succeed. Now launch iTunes and restore the stock or custom iOS 4.2.1 on your iPhone 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch, or Apple TV to jailbreak or unlock it.
If you still get any error during the restore process, restart your PC and try different USB port. If you are using the front-side, use the rear one and if on left side, use the one at right side, according to your PC.
-> After using all the tricks mentioned above, I am still getting errors.
-> Use another PC then.