As we told you earlier that Pwn20wnd is testing the new update of Unc0ver jailbreak which could be released anytime soon. Finally here is the big news.
Unc0ver v3.1.0 is finally out for the general public. It is the biggest update ever released so far with a lot of bug fixes and improvements.
Here we are going to discuss some major updates included in this version.
What’s New: Major Improvements in Unc0ver 3.1.0
1. Kernel Patches Updated
The kernel patches are rewritten from the scratch. Now the tool gives more stability and the improvement to the overall jailbreak process.
2. Diagnostic System Improved
The diagnostic system is also modified so that more accurate information is provided to the user in case something bad happens during the jailbreak process.
3. Performance management System
This system is also rewritten from scratch to improve the overall performance of the jailbreak process.
4. Unrestrict library improvement
Unrestrict library is also updated. The main purpose of this library is to provide smooth jailbreak experience after the device has been successfully jailbroken.
5. Migration from Other Jailbreaks
As we all know unc0ver is not the only one jailbreak available on the internet for iOS 11 and iOS 12 variants. There are also some other jailbreaks. The most important plus point of un0ver jailbreak over others is that it is truly compatible with the Cydia.
In the other jailbreak tools, the Cydia is not fully supported and in some jailbreaks, you’ll have to download the tweaks from a third-party store, other than Cydia.
So this new version of unc0ver 3.1.0 adds the support to migrate from other jailbreaks to unc0ver without losing any data and without restoring the root filesystem.
It is a really big achievement and good news for those who want to use unc0ver without losing the information.
Some other Improvements in Unc0ver v3.1.0
Apart from the above mentioned major rewrites and updates, this new release also brings the following fixes and stability improvements.
- Make Unrestrict add sandbox exceptions for mach_lookup and mach_register
- Fix issues with processes looking up Substrate port on iOS 12 to fix stability and performance issues
- Fix support for the broken versions of RocketBootstrap and hid-support tweaks
- Fix the iMessage audio crash
- Fix FaceTime calls disappearing on some devices
- Fix Camera crash on some devices
- Update the local APT repo to include the latest updates from the Elucubratus repository, including the updated uikittools with rewritten uicache and sbreload commands to make refreshing the icon cache and reloading the
- SpringBoard significantly faster when installing packages from Cydia
- Refresh the icon cache during the root filesystem restore to fix jailbreak apps staying on the home screen after restoring the root filesystem
- Update mobilesubstrate to version 0.9.7033 to disable loader in the securityd daemon to fix a freeze issue on iOS 12
- Significantly improve the reliability of the jailbreak when using the machswap or the machswap2 exploit
- Wait for the user to tap OK on the jailbreak completed alert before respringing the device
- Improve the jailbreak’s self-repairability feature
- Add a progress HUD to display the status of the jailbreak process
- Optimize the code
- Improve assertion
- Add error-specific error messages
- Display info about the device on launch
- Clean up logging
- Reconfigure the “Reload System Daemons” and “Enable get-task-allow” preferences
- Make “Enable get-task-allow” a default option
Supported Models and iOS versions
Unc0ver v3.1.0 support all iPhone models running on any of the following iOS versions.
- iOS 11.1.1,
- iOS 11.1.2,
- iOS 11.2.1,
- iOS 11.2.5,
- iOS 11.3.1,
- iOS 11.4,
- iOS 11.4.1,
- iOS 12.0,
- iOS 12.1.1 and
- iOS 12.1.
How to Jailbreak iPhone with Unc0ver v3.1.0
The jailbreak process is same as we have already discussed in our very post about Unc0ver. We have to use the Cydia Impactor to install the ipa file of Uncover.
This jailbreak is semi-tethered which means you have to re-jailbreak your device after a restart.
Download Unc0ver 3.1.0 Latest Version
If you already using this jailbreak on your iDevice, give a try to this new version. It will fix a lot of issues on the device. You will also notice a big improvement in the battery department.
The overall experience will be totally different from the previous versions.
And above it, you can switch from other jailbreaks to this one without losing data or restoring the root file system.